This position is located in Temple, Texas. This provider will be assigned to Primary Care. The duties include but are not limited to the following: · Provides comprehensive care for our veteran population such as services in the diagnosis, care, and treatment of assigned patients.
· Provides effective medical treatment, consultation, and diagnosis upon request from other Services/Departments.
· Obtains patient histories, performs physical exams, formulates a working diagnosis and develops/implements a treatment plan according to clinical guidelines and to determine appropriate hospitalization, and/or disposition to Nursing Home Care, Assisted Living, Community Nursing Home, and/or Home Care.
· Orders lab tests, x-rays, EKG’s and other diagnostic procedures.
· Initiates or expedites requests for consults, special tests, or studies.
· Authorized to write both inpatient and outpatient medical orders, treatments and medications.
· Provides education and counseling to patient and family in preventive care, medical conditions, and use of prescribed treatment and drugs.