The Kansas City VA Medical Center in Kansas City, MO is seeking BC/BE internal medicine and family medicine physicians to provide outpatient and traditional primary care services at a number of locations (see below). Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnosing, treating and managing patients with typical primary care (including the routine care of women patients) conditions according to usual and acceptable or customary standards of medical practice
- Working independently, caring for outpatients in an established clinic
- Consulting with specialists and other primary care providers when needed
- Cooperating and collaborating with other staff members in meeting the medical care needs of VAMC patients
- Participating in medical duties and functions related to quality of care review and process improvement
- Possibly participating on various committees and task forces as assigned and attend required meetings.
- The physician will serve as a collaborative physician for assigned NPs or PAs
- Positions are part of Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT).
- Hours: Preferred flexibility with working Monday - Friday or Tuesday - Saturday. Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m. (discussed upon offering position and dependent on location)
- Locations available: Kansas City VAMC Main Campus (traditional medicine); Kansas City VAMC - Honor Annex (outpatient primary care) and at our Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) in Warrensburg, MO and Paola, KS (outpatient primary care)
- Licensure: A full and unrestricted license from any US state or territory
- Malpractice: VA physicians receive free liability protection
- CME: $1,000 Reimbursement and up to 5 days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- No physician employment contract!