The VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System (VAEKHCS) is currently recruiting BC/BE psychiatrists to work at our Topeka VA Medical Center (1 Hour from Kansas City) as either part-time or full-time inpatient psychiatrists. You would be part of a psychiatric care team working with other physicians, physician extenders, nurses and/or other support staff. Primary and secondary medical services are provided in the General and Medical portions of the medical center. This level of service, as well as tertiary care, is also provided to the psychiatric areas. Privileges will consist of, admissions, diagnosis, work-up, and provision of treatment including consultation for patients who suffer from various mental health disorders. You would be expected to provide high quality and efficient care and be able to work well in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Call Schedule: Call is shared with the other psychiatrists. Weekend call involves seeing the admissions to acute psychiatry and also inpatient consults. Call ratio is 1:9. Weeknight call is telephone only, with the exception of rare use of seclusion or restraints and stat consults
- CME: 5-Day paid absence and $1,000 reimbursement (subject to budget availability)
- Compensation: $230,000 - $265,000 per year + up to an additional $15,000 annually in an annual performance bonus + robust benefits package
- Student Loan Repayment: The selected applicant for this position may be eligible to apply for an education loan reimbursement under the provisions of the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) (Depends on availability of funds)
- Sign-on Bonus available to highly qualified candidate