The VA Medical Center, Marion, IL is seeking a full time Psychiatrist to join our Behavioral Medicine Service. Duties include, but are not limited to providing treatment to an adult psychiatric population with diverse diagnoses including Major Affective Disorders, Psychotic Disorders, PTSD and Substance Related Disorders. The Behavioral Medicine Service is comprised of Mental Health Primary Care, Behavioral Health Lab, Consultation Liaison Team, Mental Health Intensive Case Management and Intensive Outpatient Program for Substance Use Disorder.
- Office Hours: 8 – 4:30, M-F
- Call Schedule: 2-tiered call system - 1st call staff are experienced PhDs, LCSWs or mid-levels. Psychiatrists provide back-up call primarily by telephone, called in only for rare complicated situations. Call will be 1 in 6 after this position is filled
- Certification: Board Eligibility/Certification required.
- Routine procedures: Routine outpatient psychiatry vacancy. Provides coverage for detoxification. Cross coverage with other providers at times
- Outpatient Clinic Staffing: 13 staff (3 psychiatrists, 3 RNs, 2 psychologists, 2 LCSW, 3 LCSW clinical care coordinators ), 2 mid-level, dedicated clinical pharmacy specialist. PA and 2 LCSWs co-located in primary care clinics.
- Office: Private office in historical building. A new state of the art facility soon to be constructed that will house the outpatient clinic
- Miscellaneous: New Residential Treatment Program recently opened on site