Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) has an excellent employment or professional service agreement opportunity for a Board Certified Internal Medicine physician who is Fellowship trained and Board Certified or Board Eligible in Pulmonary Medicine located in Nampa, Idaho.
SAMG is a physician led 425+ provider multispecialty group with a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care that has an opportunity for a Pulmonary Medicine (additional training in Critical Care Medicine is preferred) trained physician. This robust pulmonary practice is perfect for a highly experienced physician who desires a rewarding practice balanced with a rich quality of life. Practice in a high quality pulmonary clinic and consultative ICU setting, co-managing the treatment of complex, critically ill inpatients in collaboration with adult hospitalist medicine services (primary admitting service 24/7 coverage) and other specialists.
Based on the campus of Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Nampa, a newly built 100 bed community hospital providing state-of-the-art, best in class healthcare to residents of Canyon County, this opportunity provides services for pulmonary and critically ill patients. The newly refurbished clinic offers in-office chest radiograph and ultrasound, with an accredited Sleep Lab that conducts sleep related diagnostic procedures. Polysomnography Interpretation and rural outreach opportunities are available if the provider prefers, but are not required.
St. Alphonsus Medical Center – Nampa offers a variety of support for the pulmonary physician, including:
- 8-bed ICU that provides all standard ICU procedures including therapeutic & diagnostic bronchoscope
- Interventional Radiology
- Interventional Cardiology with two Cath Labs on-site
- Three Endoscopy suites
- Radiology (Available Monday – Friday with call on weekends and holidays).
Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center - Boise is also only 15 miles away and provides Trauma, Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery, Neurosurgery, Endobronchial ultrasound and navigational bronchoscopy services; as well as, additional Pulmonary/ICU support from the Pulmonary/ICU team.
The schedule for this opportunity is Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Every other week the physician will perform hospital consults in the morning while maintaining clinic in the afternoon. Call for this opportunity is 1:4 low intensity night call with weekend rounding and additional call available.
Requirements for this opportunity include:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree.
- Successful completion of an accredited ACGME/AOA Internal Medicine residency program & Pulmonary Medicine fellowship program.
- Board certification in Pulmonary Medicine (additional critical care board certification preferred) through the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM) - or obtain such certification within 3 years of employment.
- Obtain Idaho and Oregon medical licensure and granting of privileges at SAMC- Nampa, and other health system affiliated hospitals as needed; valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA.
Inpatient EMR/Computerized Order Entry using Cerner PowerChart is available; therefore experience with Electronic Medical Records is preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Pulmonary Medicine physician to be part of a program within a World Class ICU.
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available including:
- Sign-on Incentives
- Student Loan Repayment
- PTO & CME Allocation
- Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
- Retirement (403b)