The Wilmington Delaware VA Medical Center is currently seeking a highly qualified Primary Care Physician to work in the Sussex County Delaware Outpatient Clinic in Georgetown, Delaware.
The ideal candidate will provide Outpatient Primary Medical Care to a panel of male and female veterans. Approximately 20% of your patients will be general women's health.
VA Physicians enjoy working in a professionally stimulating environment that provides every opportunity to focus on the practice of medicine. Many of the burdensome administrative details usually found inprivate practice are handled by support staff so that VA physicians can spend their time on patient care, not on running a business. This approach offers a unique freedom of practice to VA physicians and contributes towards providing the highest level of quality care to the Nation’s veterans.
VA provides a supportive environment that contributes to the delivery of quality health care. VA physicians also enjoy a quality of life that simply can’t be found in private practice. With predictable work hours and conditions, VA physicians are able to take time for themselves and their families. In addition to professional and personal rewards, VA also offers extensive employment benefits and educational opportunities.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. No call, weekend and night coverage.
Must be a U.S.Citizen.
Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible.
Must have full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in ANY U.S. State.
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation – unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay
- 10 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses (subject to budget availability)
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-typeplan
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service