St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor has an excellent full time employment opportunity for a Dermatology physician to join the faculty at St. Joseph Mercy located in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The selected Academic Dermatology physician will participate in providing instruction and supervision to Dermatology and Internal Medicine Residents in clinic, providing clinical care to patients without residents as well as taking on the role as the Resident Research Manager.
The schedule for this opportunity is flexible but will include 0.4 FTE supervising and instructing Dermatology Residents in clinic, 0.1 FTE supervising and Instructing Internal Medicine Residents in clinic on basic Dermatology procedures, 0.1 FTE acting as Residency Research Manager and 0.4 FTE of direct patient care without Residents.
Qualified Candidates will possess the requisite specialty expertise and competence in clinical care and teaching abilities, as well as documented educational and administrative abilities and experience in their field. They will be certified by the ABMS, or possess qualifications judged to be acceptable by the Graduate Medical Education Committee, be appointed in good standing to the medical staff and will possess an unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Michigan.
As part of the Teaching Faculty the selected provider will:
- Provide instruction and supervision of assigned residents, as appropriate to meet the educational objectives of the residency program.
- Participate in the evaluation of the educational and clinical performance of residents using the forms and methods provided by the Program Director.
- Participate in the evaluation and improvement of the educational curriculum in cooperation with the Program Director.
- Participate in faculty development activities, including continuing medical education, as appropriate to maintain and improve teaching abilities.
- Maintain a learning environment characterized by inquiry and scholarship, including active participation in conferences, research, and formal teaching activities of the program.
- Cooperate with the Program Director in maintaining compliance with policies and procedures governing resident education, such as the limits on resident work hours and patient assignments.
- Advise the Program Director and the Site Medical Director on resource needs of the program, such as equipment and educational materials.
- Provide clinical care to patients (without residents), as requested by the Program Director and Site Medical Director, to best fit the needs of the residency program.
- Work collaboratively with the Program Director, faculty, residents, and staff of the program and clinics to provide high quality care, excellent customer service, and efficient delivery of care to patients in the clinic.
- Work collaboratively with clinic staff to achieve the business objectives of the clinic, including completion of accurate information required for billing in a timely manner.
As the Residency Research Manager the selected candidate will:
- Participate in and facilitate resident scholarly activity in the Department and set goal of at least one meaningful resident scholarly project per graduating resident, including research and quality improvement projects.
- Assist residents in practical design, analysis, editing, and presentation.
- Facilitate and assist departmental faculty research involving residents, including select members from subspecialties.
- Develop, organize, and lead a regular program-level scholarly activity discussion, which will provide regular oversight for all research done through the Department involving residents.
- Work collaboratively with the SJMH Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Actively participate on the Institutional Research Committee, representing the appropriate Department.
- Work in conjunction with the Academic Research Department, for data and statistical assistance. Accompany and mentor residents when meeting with members of the Research Department.
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate.