Board-Certified or Eligible in Clinical Genetics
The Center for Personalized Genetic Healthcare (CPGH), the clinical arm of the Genomic Medicine Institute, at the Cleveland Clinic is seeking a passionate, academic Medical Geneticist with an interest in general, cardiovascular, and/or prenatal genetics. CPGH is the home of all of medical genetics within the Cleveland Clinic Health System.
Duties to include:
- Evaluate children and adults for suspected general genetic disorders.
- Identify and assess patients with potential risk for heritable diseases.
- Medical genetic oversight of prenatal genetics program.
- Work with patients’ primary care providers and other clinicians to incorporate the genetic assessment and management into overall patient care plans.
- Inpatient consults and after-hours call.
We seek an individual who is interested in educating rotating medical students, genetic counseling students, and residents. Our position is flexible and could fit a pure clinician with an interest in clinical investigation or a physician-scientist.
This medical geneticist position will work with an outstanding group of experienced genetic counselors who are knowledgeable with the referral base, testing processes, and patient population, and who practice to the top of their license. The general genetic counselors have over 30 years of combined genetic counseling experience.