Northwest Medical Center is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for anUrgent Care PRN position.
- Seeking a minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
- Must be comfortable working solo with physician available by phone.
- Currently minimum of 3 weekend days per month
- Call available but not required
- AZ License required
- Outpatient Only
Duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Obtaining detailed and accurate patient histories
- Performing physical exams
- Delineating chronic and current health problems
- Ordering routine or specific procedures
- Interpreting findings and outcomes
- Proposing and initiating treatment programs
- Prescribing appropriate medications
- Performing routine diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Performing appropriate emergency measures
- Demonstrating proficiency at hospital and/or department specific computer software and technology
Northwest Medical Center (NMC) is a 300-bed facility in Tucson, offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient services including cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics, minimally invasive surgery (including two da Vinci surgical robots), neurology and neurosurgery, GI, a free-standing Women's Center, and Wound Care Center. NMC is designated with the "Center of Excellence" status for its Chest Pain Center, Stroke Center, Total Knee and Total High Replacement, Spine Surgery, Bariatric program, and Breast Imaging Center.