Physician - Thoracic

Cleveland, OH

Specialty Thoracic
Profession Physician

Cleveland Clinic invites highly qualified Board Certified Thoracic Radiologists to join the Imaging Institute. Cleveland Clinic, an internationally renowned sub-specialty medical center located in Cleveland, OH, is composed of a 1,400-bed main campus, ambulatory care facilities, and the Lerner Research Institute. Cleveland Clinic Health System currently encompasses 9 community hospitals and 18 family health centers within the Cleveland metropolitan area.

Over 2.2 million radiological examinations are performed annually system-wide. At our main campus, the Imaging Institute is committed to sub-specialty care where over 170,000 chest imaging exams are performed each year, including nearly 20,000 thoracic CT studies and several hundred chest biopsies. An interest in performing percutaneous interventional procedures in the chest is desirable, but not required. There is a wide complement of state-of-the-art MRI and CT scanners. All chest radiographs are acquired digitally, and all imaging is reviewed on PACS workstations.

The Thoracic Imaging section has a thoracic and cardiac imaging fellowship program, and there is a fully-accredited Diagnostic Radiology residency program with a total of 32 residents. A 1-month medical student clerkship is offered, and approximately 50 medical students rotate through the department each year. The Imaging Institute is affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine and a genuine interest in education and research are a prerequisite.

Staff candidates should have completed at least 1-year specialty training in thoracic imaging. The position commands a highly competitive salary ranking among academic institutions. An attractive benefits package and a collegial work environment enhance this opportunity.