Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa (MMC-NI) has an excellent full time opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Emergency Medicine physician to be the Medical Director of an experienced, highly skilled team in the Emergency Department located in Mason City, Iowa.
The Medical Director role will serve as advocate and mentor in relationship to patient satisfaction and patient flow relative to throughput. The chosen candidate will join ten physicians, two PA's, and one ARNP with Medical scribes available to assist physicians.
Mercy Medical Center is a Level II Trauma Center with approximately 33,000 annual visits. The Emergency Department Medical Director will provide and/or supervise the medical aspects of the delivery of care for the Emergency Medicine team.
A $17.6 million renovation to the existing Emergency Department was completed in February, 2012. Mercy Medical Center offers a state-of-the-art emergency service center which enhances the ability to provide quality care to our patients.
The Emergency Department features include:
- 19 private exam rooms
- 2 trauma rooms
- 17 patient-care rooms
- Designated room for use by medical specialists
- CT scan room and digital technology room, offering enhanced images with lower doses of radiation, located within the department.
- Nursery room where young children can play.
- Components to enhance care for the senior population including: dimmable lights, padded mattresses, non-glare floors and blanket warmers.
- Standardized rooms, which will allow staff to perform any procedure in any room. Point-of-use supplies so staff will not need to leave the room while delivering patient care.
Candidates for this opportunity must possess at least two years of previous leadership experience, an MD or DO degree and be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Emergency Medicine and have demonstrated competency as a physician by completion of an appropriate residency program. The selected candidate must be able to obtain MMC-NI medical staff privileges. Candidates will possess above average communication skills, the ability to work with a team, a State of Iowa physician license (or be eligible for), Iowa Controlled Substance Certificate and Federal DEA Certificate.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Emergency Medicine physician to be the leader of the Emergency Department.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate.