The Primary Care Clinic at the American Lake VA Puget Sound Health Care System is seeking a dynamic board certified or board eligible physician for the position of Primary Care Provider to help us keep up with the demands of an increasing veteran population.
- Our patients range from 90 year old World War II veterans to men and women who have been fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. The incumbent will demonstrate proficiency in practice, planning, and self-direction in goal setting for managing each Veteran’s medical need.
- Candidates should be board-certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine comfortable with a patient centered medical home system utilizing electronic medical records.
- Our teams consist of a provider, one RN, one LPN, and one clerical associate.
- Panel size is approximately 1150 patients. Each team has additional assistance from dedicated pharmacy, social work, and mental health care staff.
- A radiology department with CT and a large physical therapy department are collocated to support our teams as well. Providers are currently working 10 hour shifts four days a week, with no duties on weekends and no call.
The VHA provides patient centered care, delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning and continuous improvement. The Veteran's experience and health outcomes are improved with an emphasis on prevention through healing relationships in an optimal healing environment. We are seeking new team members interested in working in this environment. We are looking for team members that possess high energy, a strong work ethic, integrity, who are kind and empathetic, have a sense of humor, and who enjoy working for a collaborative, team-oriented system. The team member must be willing to build customer confidence by professional dress and demeanor.