Saint Francis Healthcare (SFH) has an excellent opportunity for a Board Certified Family Medicine physician to join the Faculty of one of the oldest Residency programs in the United States, located in suburban Wilmington, Delaware.
The three-year Family Medicine Residency Program at SFH is affiliated with Temple University School of Medicine and fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Family Medicine is the only Residency program at SFH and has six Residents in each class. Working with faculty and staff, the Residency program supports a busy Family Medicine program with a practice located adjacent to Saint Francis Hospital.
In addition, the Residency program serves as a satellite teaching site for Temple University School of Medicine and Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) students in their third and fourth years of medical school. The program presents extensive learning opportunities through a wide variety of Inpatient and Outpatient clinical exposures, including Obstetrics.
The Family Medicine Faculty member is accountable for the following:
- Support the Family Medicine Residency Director in communicating the vision and direction for the residency program
- Participate in the development of outstanding Family Medicine physicians
- Ensure the quality of didactic and clinical education provided
- Serve as an energetic and motivated physician role model for residents
- Provide an experiential learning for residents with regular feedback and evaluation of skills
- Support a curriculum and program of clinical experiences in line with ACGME standards, including supervised, meaningful care of patients, and training in:
- The practice of medicine
- Continuum of care
- Values, ethics (organizational and clinical), and integrity
- Effective business practice models and financial decision making
- Customer focus
- Foster a sense of teamwork and collaboration through own actions as a role model
- Provide meaningful feedback to Residency Director
- Represent the program within SFH and the community
- Serve as a leader within the SFH physician group
- Support innovation and continuing practice improvement within the residency
- Meet and follow established hospital policies and procedures
- Honor the SFH mission and core values, especially the commitment to the poor and underserved
The selected MD or DO must be Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine with a minimum of two years of full time professional activity in the practice of Family Medicine and possess the ability to lead, teach and mentor Resident physicians with a particular attention SFH mission and core values. They must be a fully licensed physician in the State of Delaware, be familiar with hospital Joint Commission requirements and possess clinical skills and knowledge of a Family Medicine Residency Program.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Family Medicine physician to join the Faculty at Saint Francis Healthcare.
A competitive compensation package is being offered for excellent candidates.