St. Joseph Mercy Oakland has an exciting full or part time employment opportunity for Neonatal Nurse Practitioners to join a highly skilled and experienced team in a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care unit located in Pontiac, Michigan.
This highly skilled team of three Neonatologists and six Neonatal Nurse Practitioners deal with high level and complex patients requiring the NNP's to utilize their critical thinking skills. The selected Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for providing the assessment, evaluation and treatment of neonates under the supervision of attending pediatricians at St. Joseph Mercy Oakland.
Experienced providers and new graduates, preferably available to start in 2018 will be considered to join our seasoned and certified nursing staff.
Additional Job Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Function as the mid-level provider for newborn patients by:
- Assessing, planning and evaluating medical care under the direction of the attending pediatrician.
- Reporting accurately and concisely to attending pediatrician and in problem oriented documentation.
- Ordering and interpreting laboratory data and plain x-ray film as appropriate.
- Writing appropriate orders for medications, IV therapy, parental nutrition, blood products and for admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Attend high-risk deliveries, resuscitate, and stabilize patients.
- Independently going on transports to other hospital systems to transfer newborns to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital or transferring newborns to another NICU due to need for surgical or other services.
- Attend and provide newborn care, resuscitation and stabilization for all deliveries as required.
- Provide consultation to administrative, nursing, and medical staff.
- Direct and/or participate in the ongoing competency assessment program for maintenance of advanced neonatal knowledge and skills of nursing staff.
- Direct and/or participate in nursing education and ongoing competency assessment.
- Submits appropriate billing in a timely manner.
- Initiate and pursue self-development activities through readings, lectures and formal educational programs.
- Participate as appropriate in quality improvement and the formulation, revision and implementation of policies and procedures in Family Birthing Center (consisting of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Labor and Delivery Unit and Mother/Baby Unit) as appropriate.
Minimum required qualifications:
- Successful completion of a NP program or Master’s Degree
- State of Michigan License
- Active and Current DEA
- Specialty certification in area of specialty preferred
- ACLS, PALS, NRP Certification
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland offers an excellent compensation and benefit package.