St. Joe's Medical Group and Covenant Community Care have a full time employment opportunity Family Medicine physician to join a mission based practice located in Westland, Michigan.
The Site Medical Director is responsible for the coordination of clinic activities such that the delivery of medical services promotes efficient and effective medical care according to the mission, vision and goals of Covenant Community Care, Inc. The individual will serve as liaison between St. Joe's Medical Group and Covenant Community Care to assure quality and a smooth transition for patients between these two care settings.
The selected provider will serve as a spiritual leader in the organization, actively pursuing the mission of Covenant Community Care to show and share the love of God, as seen in the good news of Jesus Christ, by providing integrated, affordable and quality health care to those who need it most.
The selected individual will have at least three years of post-residency practice experience and competence in general patient care (including hospital and outpatient settings) as well as excellent teaching and communication skills. The provider will demonstrate expertise in family oriented, comprehensive, continuity of care and have experience with common office procedures. The selected provider must have the ability to function effectively as part of a professional team delivering healthcare in a community setting and have demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
The schedule for this opportunity is flexible in days and hours and the provider will serve assigned “on call” days, carrying and answering pager as assigned. Call is currently shared between ten providers.
Additional duties for this opportunity are as follows:
- Supervises clinic’s entire medical team.
- Precepts midlevel providers as necessary, and cosigns notes as required for mid-level providers and all trainees that interact with provider’s patients or during provider’s actual clinic time and utilizes an Evidence Based Medicine approach wherever feasible.
- Delivers primary health care and other health services to designated consumers of outpatient services.
- Assists in development and maintenance of medication formulary and dispenses medications as licensed.
- Insures appropriate assignment and reassignment of patients to physician, advanced practice nurses and physician assistants.
- Develops and maintains collaborative agreements with nurse practitioners.
- Performs physician activities as privileged and assigned.
- Provides consultation and health education.
- Renders first aid as necessary.
- Advocates for client's best interest and makes appropriate recommendations and referrals for follow-up with health service providers in the community to meet the needs of consumers.
- Provides back up assistance to medical team to administer injections, draw blood, and take lab specimens as necessary.
- Reviews and responds to lab results, medical records and other patient results as part of the healthcare team.
- Ensure that the program meets all requirements. Prepare all necessary reports and prepare for any inspections.
- Serves on Covenant Community Care and or St. Joe's Medical Group committees, working groups, and other bodies as assigned.
- Must be a member or be able to obtain membership on the St. Joe's Medical Group Medical Staff.
- Participates in patient satisfaction survey coordination and assessment, peer review and quality improvement activities.
- Participate in quality control of all professional activities of physicians and paramedical staff including but not limited to:
- Provider scheduling
- Periodic assessment of competencies
- Evaluation of provider productivity
- Provider and staff evaluations
- Medical audits / Chart audits
- Coding and documentation compliance
- Maintains all required licenses for clinic including CLIA waiver and dispensing licenses.
- Generates required reports for Medical Director as assigned
- Participate in recruiting activities to attract and match top medical staff
This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with a mission based program to expand the scope of service provided to the underserved.
A competitive compensation package for exceptional physicians is being offered including:
- Health/vision/dental Insurance
- CME allowance & time off
- Retirement savings programs.
- Relocation assistance
- Loan Repayment as a Federally Qualified Health Center