The VA Nebraska Western Iowa HCS is actively recruiting for a full or part-time Primary Care Physician NP or PA, to serve at our VA Grand Island Medical Center located in Grand Island, NE. Physicain’s must be BE or BC in, Internal Medicine or Family Medicine. PA’s and NP’s must be certified in Family or Internal Medicine. We are a patient-centered, integrated health care organization for veterans providing excellent health care, research and education. For more information on working for the Department of Veterans Affairs in VISN 23, please visit us at: http://www.nebraska.va.gov/. Thoughtful clinical reasoning and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Recruitment Bonus/Relocation incentive
- Education Debt Repayment Program
- Full benefits (see below)
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Physician Employment Contracts!
- Full or part time
- Work Load: 10 patients per day
- Staffing: 2 physicians and 5 mid-levels
- Hours and Shifts: 8 AM – 4:30 PM (flexible hours for part-time)
- Call: about once a month 8-12 on Saturdays
- Notes: private office
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 208 Hours paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 104 Hours paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
For more information or to apply email your CV to:
CHARLES D. LONG, U.S. Army (Retired)
National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant
National Healthcare Recruitment Services
Mobile: (781) 589-1291