The Marion, Illinois VA Medical Center is currently seeking a full-time board certified/board eligible Physiatrist to join the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service. This position is located at the VA Medical Center, Marion, Illinois. Duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Providing quality patient care to inpatients/outpatients as assigned.
- Assessing veterans by utilizing advanced clinical judgment and physical assessment skills.
- Identifying acute/non-acute/chronic health problems.
- Using principles of risk management to identify system issues which impact patient care.
- Ordering and evaluating appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Conducting appropriate preventive screens and diagnostic tests.
- Duties will include service delivery throughout the PM&RS system of care with specific emphasis on pain/pain management, oversight of short stay rehabilitation services provided at the Marion Community Living Center, neurodiagnostic testing/evaluations and TBI C&P examinations.
- Providing guidance and supervision for the Mid-Level Practitioners to include Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners assigned to PM&RS.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of care programs within the department.
- Participating and attending medical center committees as assigned by the Service Chief PM&RS or Chief of Staff.
Details about working for VA:
BASE ANNUAL SALARY: $200K - $220K + annual performance bonus up to additional $15K
WORK SCHEDULE: 1st Shift - 8am - 4:30pm
CALL REQUIREMENTS: little to none
Student loan repayment is offered
LICENSURE: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement + 1 week paid authorized absence to attend (subject to budget availability)
MALPRACTICE: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contact me today to discuss this opportunity!