The VA Nebraska Western Iowa HCS is seeking a confident leader Physician to serve at our NWI Medical Center located in Omaha, NE. Must be BC in Psychiatry. Experience with PTSD, elderly, substance use disorder populations is preferred. We are seeking a mid to late year career Psychiatrist with academic experience and strong management and supervisory skills.Come join our supportive and collegial team serving the world’s best patients. We are a patient-centered, integrated health care organization for veterans, providing excellent health care, research and education.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Recruitment Bonus/Relocation incentive
- Full benefits (see below)
- Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Physician Employment Contracts!
- Full time
- Staffing: 10 Psychiatrist, 15 Psychologist, 25 Social Workers 2 NP, 2 PA, 120 total FTE
- Hours and Shifts: 8 AM – 4:30 PM
- Patient Load: 5 to 15 percent clinical
- Call: no call
- Notes: private office
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 208 Hours paid annual (vacation/personal) leave – you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 104 Hours paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over! Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service