Saint Agnes Medical Center (SAMC) has an excellent employment opportunity for a full time Chief Medical Resident to join the Coord Graduate MedEdu Program located in Fresno, California.
The selected Chief Medical Resident (CMR) is responsible for several educational experiences each week for the residents and medical students. The CMR is also responsible for maintaining resident morale, scheduling and other administrative duties as assigned. In addition the CMR will be responsible for the following:
- Deliver the morning report conference to residents and staff. Select cases to be presented, facilitate the discussion and provide clinical teaching relevant to the case. Responsible to coordinate one to two morning report conferences per week.
- Coordinate with SAMC Quality and Safety for the Mortality and Morbidity Conference (once per week).
- Coordinate four lunch conferences per week, including recruiting for and scheduling high-quality speakers.
- Provide bedside teaching to residents during physical exam rounds and small group teaching during weekly didactics.
- Provide orientation for all rotating residents and medical students.
- Throughout the rotation, provide guidance for struggling residents and serve as a resource for clinical and administrative questions.
- Arrange resident sick coverage and adjust schedules as needed.
- Work with all Medical Residents and Physician staff to facilitate end-of-rotation feedback.
- Provide peer leadership for the residents.
- Serves as a liaison between medicine and other services to maintain strong relationships and facilitate the residents’ experience on off-service rotations.
- Works closely with the Graduate Medical Education leadership to identify needed changes and plan solutions.
- Work closely with the Residency Program in coordination of program-wide events, program changes, resident feedback, supervision and other administrative duties.
- Participate in the admission, consultation, evaluation, diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of patients with medical problems. Provide safe, effective, and compassionate patient care.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all required program assessments, as required by the Program Director, Program Evaluation Committee and the ACGME.
- Participate actively in all educational and residency program activities and assume responsibility for teaching other residents and medical students.
- Provide teaching, supervision and serves as a role model to other Medical Residents.
- Comprehensively document in the patients' chart in a timely and accurate manner.
- Function with an awareness and application of standard operating procedures including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Workers Right to Know, Clinical Compliance, HIPAA and general safety.
- Demonstrate ability for effective problem identification and resolution, as well as the exercise of independent judgment and servant leadership.
Minimum requirements for this opportunity include:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree
- Completion of two (2) years of medical residency training at a teaching hospital approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) is required.
- Current California training license is required. In addition, if applying from an international medical school, a Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL) is required.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR card is required.
- Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is required within three (3) months of hire into position.
This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for the right Internal Medicine physician.