The Minneapolis VA Health Care System is seeking outstanding physicians who are BC/BE in internal medicine to provide outpatient primary care to our nation's Veterans. Qualified candidates will receive an academic appointment at the University of Minnesota Medical School. Internists will have the opportunity to serve for 4-8 weeks per year as a teaching attending on an inpatient medicine ward team comprised of residents and medical students. The ideal candidate is a BC Internist with a track record of academic accomplishments, willing to perform both outpatient and inpatient medicine with some back ground in informatics.
The Twin Cities Metro Area is consistently voted one of the best places to live and work in the nation. Minnesota has a robust, diverse economy and a long-standing commitment to education. The Twin Cities has a thriving arts scene and excellent outdoor recreational opportunities as well as four beautiful seasons to enjoy them in.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Full benefits (see below)
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Physician Employment Contracts!
- Full time
- Hours and Shifts: 8 – 4:30, M-F
- Department staffing: 43 Physicians 3 NP’s 2 PA’s
- Workload: 15 Patients face to face per day
- Call: No call
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan.