The Minneapolis VA Health Care System seeks an innovative and experienced Board Certified Internist for Chief of General Internal Medicine. Candidates should have VA merit awards and/or NIH grants and a track record of impressive academic commitment and recognition at the mid-career level. Clinical scientists are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful candidate should demonstrate a strong commitment to quality patient care, to trainee education, and to faculty development. Responsibilities will include supervising approximately 45 physicians and advanced practice providers, participating in the teaching program and mentoring the clinical careers of faculty and trainees. MVAHCS is a large tertiary hospital that provides primary care to over 35,000 patients with 100 inpatient medicine beds including ICU and stepdown units, and all medical specialty services. It is a major research facility with a Center of Innovation focused on researching chronic diseases, and it is a major teaching site affiliated with the University of Minnesota Medical School. Applicants may be licensed in any state and must be eligible for academic appointment as an Associate Professor or Professor.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- Bonus for qualified candidates
- May be eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Full benefits (see below)
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Physician Employment Contracts!
- Full time
- Hours and Shifts: 8 – 4:30, M-F
Workload: Light negotiable clinical workload. Primarily research and administrative position 100
- inpatient medical beds and an ICU and step down unit
- Call: No call