The Division of Graduate Medical Education at Mercy Health System of Southeastern Pennsylvania has an excellent full time employment opportunity for a Residency trained Internal Medicine physician within the Nazareth Hospital Internal Medicine Residency program located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The Chief Resident will work with the Program Director, Associate Program Directors, Designated Institutional Officer (DIO), Junior Chief, Program Coordinator, Medical Residents, Faculty and Administrative Staff to administer all aspects of the Medical Residency program at Nazareth Hospital. The Chief Residents report directly to the DIO.
This opportunity requires availability for continued training from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 as well as availability for the following events: Departmental Orientation and Initial Training; Hospital Orientation, Welcome Reception, Graduation; Residency Fairs and other Activities during the academic year will sometimes also be required. Some occasional weekend work may be expected.
Responsibilities for this opportunity include the following:
- Completing resident schedules in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner, coordinating with other Junior Chief Resident and with approval from Program Directors for any major changes to the schedules
- Communicating with Coordinator on Resident Time-Off and availability for duty
- Communicating changes in residency policies to residents after thorough discussion and review by the PD and APDs
- Assisting in planning and implementing orientation activities if able
- Oversee designated QI projects with Chair of QI for GME and ensure residents participation in Hospital Committees
- Act as an effective liaison between the residency leadership and the medical residents
- Assist in the monitoring of any Resident remediation efforts as directed by the PD
- Attend monthly Teaching Faculty meetings, GMEC meetings, PEC, CCC meetings and weekly Chief meetings
- Provide learning opportunities to residents by rounding on floors on a daily basis for 30-45 minutes and offer constructive feedback on H&Ps, order writing, chart etiquette & supervision of residency required procedures
- Oversee completion of medical records by communicating with the Medical Records Office 2 times per week and following up immediately with residents in violation of this requirement at least twice per week to ensure compliance
- Help ensure residents meet requirements in accordance with ACGME/AOA and other governing agencies pertaining to active residency programs
- Communicate timely and effectively to enforce compliance with program standards
- Provide leadership by managing conferences and morning reports with the assistance of the preceptor
- Assist in interviewing process for all residency programs
- Update and maintain Amion schedules
- Communicate with Hospitalist each morning to help configure the census and assure equitable distribution of patients to the resident teams
- Provide clinical supervision to residents as necessary including workflow issues
- Attend weekly meetings with PD and/or APD
- Assist is transition and training of new incoming chief
- Help teach and mentor medical students as needed
- Participate in required training at the PDs recommendation
- Attend monthly hospital leadership meeting
- Develop teaching scenarios and assist in running the SIM lab
- Assist in other duties and special projects as directed by the PD and APDs.
Requirements for this opportunity include:
- Successful completion of three years of medical training in an ACGME/AOA approved program
- Demonstrates sound clinical judgment
- Possess strong fund of medical knowledge
- Proven ability of supervisory skills utilization
- Demonstrate consummate professionalism
- Applicant should be innovative
- Excellent communication, organization, and patient service skills
- Takes initiative and raises issues of concerns to the appropriate person (i.e. PD, Coordinator, Administrator, etc.) and offer resolution assistance
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Sensitivity to the needs of Medical Residents and Residency needs
- Must possess unrestricted Pennsylvania State Medical License and DEA license
- Lawful employment status in the USA
This opportunity is open to candidates who require H-1B visa sponsorship.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Internal Medicine physician to become part of the Internal Medicine team within the Division of Graduate Medical Education with Mercy Health System of Southeastern Pennsylvania.
Mercy Health System offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package based on training and clinical experience.