Part-time Psychiatry/Telepsychiatry Position with Possible Choice of Location(s)
Our Veterans Need your Help – Can you Answer the Call?
VA Connecticut Healthcare System
VA Connecticut Healthcare System is recruiting a part-time Staff Psychiatrist to provide outpatient care for our Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC). You will provide care to patients who are treated in the CBOCs and work closely with a team of primary care and other physicians, and with, psychologists and other members of a multidisciplinary team who provide mental health treatment throughout the VA Connecticut Healthcare System. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in teaching psychiatry residents, medical students and other trainees if interested.
You’ll enjoy a great work/life balance with flexibility in choosing a schedule that works best for you, while still serving the needs of our veterans. You’ll also be able to choose a “home base”, based on space available from among CBOCs in West Haven, Newington, Danbury, Stamford, Waterbury, New London, Willimantic or Winsted and, provide tele-psychiatry services from your home base to those other CBOCs and, you may choose to float to various locations.
Requirements include holding an unrestricted medical license (any state) with no history of revocation or suspension, completion of psychiatry residency and be board certified or board eligible in Psychiatry. You should also be a US citizen, although non-citizens may be considered if no qualified US citizen is selected and accepts the position.
Your duties include:
- Provider mental health services to Veterans in a primary care setting in the community based outpatient clinic
- Work in a multidisciplinary team with psychologists, social workers, nursing staff and primary care practitioners
- Provide telehealth services to Veterans with mental health and substance abuse disorders
- Provide both pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy to Veterans with mental health disorders
- Provide evaluation, and treatment of Veterans with mental health disorders
- Provide consultation to Primary Care staff about mental health issues in Veterans
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Experience with integrated mental health
- Experience treating individual’s with mental health and substance abuse disorders
If you desire to care for veterans while enjoying a great work/life balance and variety of locations and approaches to care, you owe it to yourself to check this opportunity out. For more details, email your CV to Don Rainwater, National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant at Larry.Elliott@va.gov. Your inquiry will be handled in confidence.