Lourdes Medical Associates (LMA) and St. Francis Medical Center (SFMC) have an excellent full time employment opportunity for a Board Certified Internal Medicine physician to join the faculty within the Department of Medicine located in Trenton, New Jersey.
The selected Internal Medicine physician will provide Leadership, Teaching, Evaluation, Clinical and Administrative duties for the Internal Medicine Residency program. Some specific responsibilities of the Internal Medicine Faculty members are as follows:
- Supervise associate third year chiefs with respect to conference development, scheduling simulation evaluation activities and standardized patient activities.
- Counsel residents and act as a resident advisor mentor.
- Mediate resident conflicts.
Teaching and Evaluation
- Conduct Morning Report (Intake Rounds) and Sign Out Rounds
- Perform mincex's and observed evaluations of internal medicine residents.
- Deliver lectures and conferences as assigned-At least one didactic lecture/week
- Provide resident performance feedback and appraisal as assigned.
- Evaluate residents using New Innovations in a timely manner as determined by program director.
- Utilize Milestone documents and EPAS in evaluating residents
- Provide clinical practice and preceptor supervision as a junior faculty member as delineated in department procedures and resident handbook. This includes inpatient faculty service, medical continuity clinic, and medical consults.
- Provide overnight, weekend, and holiday coverage in rotation with other faculty members.
- Provide administrative coverage in rotation with faculty members.
- Submit appropriate documentation for patient services.
- Perform Scholarly Activity as delineated by ACGME accreditation requirements.
- Serve on Committees as assigned by Chair and Associate Program Director of Department of Medicine.
- Attend faculty and Department of Medicine meetings.
- Assist third year chiefs with scheduling and maintaining ACGME work and Duty hours.
- Monitor resident PTO time and personal days in conjunction with program coordinator
- Assist Program Director and Associate Program Director with Curriculum review and development.
- Assist Program Director and Associate Program Director in maintaining accurate attendance reports
- Participate in preparation for ACGME, Cler, and program accreditation site visits
- Assist residents and faculty in developing research projects, Cler performance improvement projects, and training a resident ACP College Bowl competition team
- Cover faculty for scheduled and unscheduled absences as needed
- Attend professional CME meetings as assigned and attend medical Grand Rounds as scheduled.
- Participate in Recruitment
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chair and Program Director.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Internal Medicine physician to join the faculty within a well-respected network.
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate. This includes:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Malpractice Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off (including sick, vacation and holidays)
- CME stipend and paid time off
- License, CDS and DEA certification reimbursement