The Department of Emergency Medicine at Oak Hill Hospital(OHH), in collaboration with the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, received Initial Accreditation to establish a new allopathic Emergency Medicine Residency program starting this summer in Tampa Bay, FL. The Programs is approved for Six Residents per year, 18 total residents with the First class of PGY1 residents starting July 1, 2018.
We are currently seeking an Associate Program Director who will assist the EM Residency Program Director with all aspects of the program administration, educational quality, and operations. Under the sponsorship of the HCA West Florida GME Consortium the Emergency Medicine Residency Program has the benefit of being a new program, offering the ability to provide a cutting-edge learning environment using the latest educational ideas and theories. Appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor will be commensurate with years of experience and accomplishments. Oak Hill Hospital’s Emergency Room and Pediatric Emergency Room–the only one in the region–features one of the area’s busiest ER services with more than 58,000 ER patients treated last year. Oak Hill Hospital’s Graduate Medical Education include: Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Transitional Year.
- The Associate Program Director must possess the requisite specialty expertise and competence in clinical care and teaching abilities, as well as documented educational and administrative abilities and experience in their field.
- Leadership capabilities, including excellent communication and organizational skills
- At least two years of experience as a core faculty member of an ACGME accredited Emergency Medicine Residency is desirable
- Additional training in education, faculty development, and management is desirable.
- Current certification in the specialty by the American Board of Emergency Medicine, or possess qualifications judged to be acceptable by the Program Director, Designated Institutional Official, and Graduate Medical Education Committee.
Excellent remuneration plus protected timeThis position is an Employed position with benefits to include Health/Dental, 401K Retirement Options, CME allowance, life insurance, STD & LTDOffering Occurrence Based Malpractice with tailSign On/Relocation Bonus available