Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) and the Saint Alphonsus Medical Center – Boise (SARMC – B) have an excellent employment opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner with extensive behavioral health experience to join an Outpatient Behavioral Health clinic located in Boise, Idaho.
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group is a 425+ provider multispecialty group practice and is seeking a Nurse Practitioner with extensive previous outpatient behavioral health experience and a passion for working with the mentally ill. The ideal Nurse Practitioner will be dedicated to the treatment of mental illness and will be compassionate towards those struggling with these diagnoses and concerns. The selected candidate will provide direct patient care; assessments, diagnoses, and treatment including prescription medication management, treatment planning and referrals to therapy or other specialists as needed, while working independently in the outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic.
The successful candidate will be an important part of a busy team, must be able to work at a fast pace, and be flexible in working with paper and electronic charting. The selected candidate will be supervised by a Board Certified Psychiatrist and have an interest in pediatrics, adolescents and adult patients. Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center is a NHSC approved site.
This schedule for this opportunity is full time, with daytime hours.
Minimum required qualifications for this opportunity are:
1. Licensed in the State of Idaho as a Registered Nurse.
2. Currently licensed as an advanced practice professional nurse in Idaho with the designation of Nurse Practitioner (APRN-NP).
3. Psychiatric –Mental Health ANCC Certification required.
4. Healthcare provider BLS certification recommended.
5. Experience in outpatient behavioral health clinic strongly preferred.
6. Comprehensive assessment skills, expert clinical skills including psychopharmacology, and problem solving abilities.
7. Demonstrated ability to integrate research into practice, leadership and consultation skills.
8. Must be flexible and able to work as part of a collaborative team.
SARMC – Boise utilizes Cerner PowerChart for Inpatient EMR /Computerized Order Entry (CPOE), therefore experience with EMR's is desired.
Saint Alphonsus Health System (SAHS) Values, Mission and Vision
We support this mission by living our core values of Reverence, Commitment to Those Who are Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity. We at SAHS serve together in the spirit of the Gospel as a compassionate and transforming healing presence within our communities.
Unified by our faith-based mission, SAHS will:
• Provide healing and hope, close to home
• Help our communities grow and thrive
• Be a trusted partner for life
• Deliver value in everything we do
Saint Alphonsus Health System Guiding Behaviors
As a Catholic Health Care Services provider, Saint Alphonsus has a cultural expectation that all providers deliver care in accordance with the USCCB Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
Saint Alphonsus greatly values the input and leadership of our providers and encourages each provider to actively participate in department meetings, SAMG Leadership Council and in matters of practice/service line development.
As continuous learners, we also encourage and promote ongoing continuing medical education (CME) activities for our providers and will financially support your CME endeavors. Additionally, as part of our shared vision to become a trusted health partner for life, we strive to continuously increase patient satisfaction and loyalty.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner to be part of Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center – Boise and Saint Alphonsus Medical Group.
Saint Alphonsus offers a competitive salary and benefits package.