Mercy Health System of Southeastern Pennsylvania has an excellent full time employment opportunity for an experienced physician leader to join Mercy Catholic Medical Center as the Vice President of Medical Affairs (VPMA) located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The VPMA is a key member of the Operating Unit’s senior leadership team who reports to the Mercy Health System (MHS) Chief Clinical Officer (CMO) and collaborates closely with the Executive Director (ED) of MCMC on matters relating to medical affairs and relationships with the Medical Staff. The VPMA works with the leadership of the Medical Staff and MCMC leadership team in the planning and day-to- day management of the organization with particular focus on medical affairs and physician engagement, resource utilization, quality assurance and patient safety.
Responsibilities for this opportunity include:
- Manages medical affairs activities for MCMC medical staff to ensure regulatory compliance and achieve organizational goals
- Provide leadership for overall Quality and Safety; support medical staff in achieving successful quality and safety initiatives, including system and regulatory targets/surveys, patient experience, and performance excellence
- Administrative representative on Bylaws Committee and Credentials Committee; partner with MHS CMO on standardization of privileges across MHS; collaborate with Quality Directors to ensure MCMC Bylaws continue to meet regulatory requirements, such as Joint Commission and Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Oversees department chairman and hospitalist program; guides physician leaders in achieving departmental and hospital goals and objectives, department specific quality and peer review and medical staff development
- Leads physician engagement and develops actions based on Physician Engagement Survey results; develops relationships with physician leaders and medical staff members throughout the organization
- Oversees hospital Physician Advisor on utilization/denials management, length of stay; provides leadership as triad partner with Director of Care Coordination and Chief Nursing Officer on patient flow and managing to overall length of stay goals
- Collaborates with and supports clinical documentation excellence program
- Oversees infection control department; assures department meets regulatory compliance guidelines; develops processes to minimize hospital acquired infections
- Available as resource to medical staff members to any concerns/issues that need attention, and refer to appropriate department for resolution; notifies senior administration of appropriate issues or concerns of the medical staff in a timely manner
- Collaborates with Medical Staff Presidents on medical staff activities, rewards and recognition, overall medical staff affairs; focus on physician relationship development and physician satisfaction
- Supports DIO in leading Graduate Medical Education to maintain overall compliance with ACGME regulations
- Attends Senior Management Team to report on activities as well as be a resource/liaison to SMT on other areas that impact the overall organizational strategies and goals
- Collaborates with MCMC Executive Director to ensure strategic alignment of goals and objectives, including alignment between medical staff and administration
- Reports to SVP and Chief Clinical Officer, Mercy Health System.
Requirements for this opportunity include education and training as a Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy, Board Certification, eligible for licensure in the state of Pennsylvania, as well as documented progression of administration and leadership responsibilities within an acute care setting.
Mercy Health System offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package based on training and clinical experience including:
- Competitive salary plus incentive
- Generous vacation with additional dedicated CME time
- Robust benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, STD and LTD offerings
- 403(b) with Match
- License and DEA reimbursement