Lutheran Hospital LIII NICU and Dupont Hospital LIII NICU, part of Lutheran Health Network, have created 8 Neonatal NP positions to enhance and improve the newborn system of care in the 8-hospital Lutheran Health Network system. Join our team of Neonatologists, Nurse Practitioners and skilled Newborn Intensive Care Nurses in the greater Ft. Wayne, IN area. Lutheran Health Network is the largest healthcare provider in the region with eight separately licensed hospitals and nearly 1,000 licensed beds including 793 in Allen County alone.
- Level III Perinatal Center, Network Perinatal Center of Excellence (IV) (Dupont)
- 24 bed Level III NICU at Lutheran, 25 beds at Dupont
- 8 bed PICU at Lutheran, 3 bed PICU at Dupont
- Work alongside 6 BC Neonatologists who are part of a private group “Northern Indiana Neonatal Associates"
- Average 3000 deliveries per year between 2 facilities
- Scheduled shift work
- Wide range of pediatric subspecialties (Intensivists, hospitalists, cardiology, GI, endocrinology, pulmonology, NICU follow-up clinic)
- Ground and air support
- Level II Pediatric trauma center
- Pediatric surgery on site at each facility
- Whole body cooling program
- Active High Risk Maternal-Fetal Medicine program
- Neonatal transport program
- Vermont Oxford Network Member
- Newly renovated NICU's at both facilities
Requirements and duties will include but are not limited to:
- Board Certification
- Attendance at high risk deliveries
- Participate in staff education
- Quality improvement activities
- Central line placement
- Airway management
- Ventilator management as well as inhaled nitric oxide
- Management of post-operative neonatal patients.
- Should have experience in use of conventional and high frequency ventilation.
Competitive financial package with Lutheran Medical Group to include salary, quality incentive bonuses, full benefits, and relocation expenses (if applicable).
Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Rated #1 city in Indiana to raise your kids
- Second largest city in Indiana with a population of 360,000+
- Named All-American City Award and a City of Livability
- Always ranked in the top 10 Lowest Cost of Living cities in the country
10 minute drive to work – no traffic!
- Over 25 miles of connected trails for walking, running, hiking and biking
- Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- Active academic community, including Indiana University School of Medicine and The Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, a family practice residency program
- 87 public parks, 25 golf courses and 300 lakes within 50 miles of Fort Wayne
Family activities: the award winning Children’s Zoo and Science Central
Art and cultural: Fort Wayne Philharmonic, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, and the Botanical Conservatory
- Rated #1 city in the country for minor league sports (baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and NCAA Division I college sports)
- Close to Indianapolis (two hours), Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit (three-hours)