St. Peter's Health Partners has an excellent full time opportunity for a Board Certified Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Hospitalist to lead an established and highly regarded, directly employed, hospital medicine program located at Samaritan Hospital in Troy, New York.
The ideal Chief of Hospital Medicine will work closely with senior leadership to implement strategies that enhance patient care and improve the overall structure of the Hospitalist program. The Chief of Hospital Medicine will lead and manage a great team of more than 20 Hospitalists and 13 Advanced Practitioners and will report to the Chief Medical Officer. The Chief role will enjoy an open 24-bed ICU for the Hospitalist Team. The Pulmonary and Critical Care team provides excellent support to the team; however, Hospitalists are still required to perform procedures; therefore the Chief of Hospital Medicine must be comfortable performing procedures.
The Chief of Hospital Medicine will spend 50% of their time providing direct clinical services, including procedures and the remaining 50% on Administrative Leadership tasks. This role is 80 hours every two weeks, working two weekends a month. There is no call associated with this opportunity.
Essential functions of this opportunity include:
- Providing Leadership and direction to the Hospitalist staff assuring effective and efficient delivery of patient care
- Ensuring Hospitalist staff and departmental compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Assisting CMO in identifying and meeting objectives for ongoing quality and performance improvement
- Accountability for coordination and monitoring of the delivery of medical services for patients in the Emergency Department and Inpatient Units
- Contributing to the development of Hospital Medicine annual strategic plan and assumes direct responsibility for components related to clinical development and provision of care
Applicants should possess excellent clinical skills, communication skills, and a strong commitment to providing excellent care that is team oriented. Additional requirements include five to ten years' of experience as a Hospitalist with a minimum of five years of experience in a clinical and metrics driven leadership role.
This opportunity is unable to sponsor H-1B or J-1 visa candidates.
These are exciting opportunities to lead a dynamic Hospital Medicine team.
St. Peter’s Health Partners offers a comprehensive salary and compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary with monthly stipend, incentives and RVU bonuses
- Excellent benefits; including health/vision/dental insurances
- Paid malpractice, including post-SPHP employment tail coverage
- CME time & expense allowance
- Paid time away from the practice
- 2 part retirement savings program with employer matching program
- Relocation assistance is available
- Starting bonus may be available