Mount Carmel Health System has an excellent full time leadership opportunity for a Family Medicine physician to join its ACGME accredited Family Medicine program as Assistant Program Director located in Columbus, Ohio.
The Family Medicine Residency includes 18 residents and nine full time faculty and five part time assistant faculty. The program offers an excellent training platform for inpatient care, outpatient practice experience, newborn care, obstetrics, adolescent medicine and sports medicine, resident and medical student education. The programs' innovative training emphasizes education and training through a strong academic curriculum. There is also a strong emphasis on community outreach utilizing a state-of-the-art mobile outpatient unit. This nationally recognized faculty has an academic focus with all faculty possessing clinical appointments at The Ohio State University, the Ohio University College of Medicine, Boonshoft School of Medicine at Wright State University. The program also emphasizes scholarly activity, including research and clinical trials for residents and faculty.
Mount Carmel Health System offers Practice Management "Real World" Training. This Practice Management curriculum is a rigorous two year comprehensive training program consisting of lectures, individual and group projects and hands-on activities.
Mount Camel offers many benefits to Family Medicine Residents including:
- Inpatient and outpatient residency training on the Mount Carmel St. Ann’s campus – a regional health center in Westerville, Ohio, a vibrant and growing suburb of Columbus. This location provides our Family Medicine residents with an unopposed learning environment.
- Teaching staff of nearly 250 physicians, including many outstanding specialists.
- Faculty Development Fellowship training supported by Mount Carmel Graduate Medical Education.
- Institutional and program level research support of residents and faculty emphasizing a collaborative approach.
- Cutting-edge techniques to assist with resident feedback through direct observation via simulation, video precepting and regular electronic formative feedback.
- Recognized nationally as an innovator in resident education with representation on a national graduate medical education committee and the STFM Residency Accreditation Toolkit Task Force, as well as multiple presentations of our innovations at national conferences.
- State of the art simulation and clinical skills center with a monthly integrated simulation curriculum designed by our faculty.
The successful candidate will be Board Certified in Family Medicine and must have teaching or private practice experience along with strong leadership skills. Fellowship training in Geriatric and Sports Medicine would be a plus.
This opportunity is unable to sponsor H1B or J1 visa opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Family Medicine physician to join the Mount Carmel Health System.
This opportunity offers a competitive salary and compensation package with excellent earning potential including excellent benefits, student loan assistance and relocation expenses.