Envision Physician Services is looking for a board eligible or board certified Neonatologist for our established Neonatology practice within the Memorial Healthcare System (MHS) in Hollywood, Florida. Clinical responsibilities include Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital (JDCH), Memorial Hospital Miramar, and Memorial Hospital West. JDCH is home to the Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, a Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center, which is one of 11 throughout the state of Florida caring for high-risk pregnancies and neonates. The team consists of 15 full time Neonatologists working collaboratively with a large group of NNPs and PAs.
The ideal candidate is passionate about working in a fast-paced, high acuity setting. Experience in an academic setting would be beneficial since Joe DiMaggio just brought on their first class of Pediatric Residents in June 2018 – 8 total. The practice has recently implemented a teaching-friendly workflow for the Pediatric Resident and for those NNPs seeking Level III advancement. The team is excited about the continued evolution of their practice with the addition of residents. Level III advancement for NNPs, multi-disciplinary rounds, NICU rotations with residents, and maintaining their status as a participant in the National BPD collaborative (1 of 12 facilities nationwide) are just a few of the team’s goals going forward.
Highlights of this opportunity:
- 15-week rotation (Equal distribution of time amongst all Neos) with a combination of in-house call and call from home
- 4-weeks of off time during 15-week block
- Provide in-house coverage at JDCH 84-bed Level III alongside Neo partner, NNPs/PAs, and Pediatric Residents
- Round and take call from home at Miramar 20-bed Level II/West 16-bed Level II with 24-hr NNP coverage
- Help in the continued development of the JDCH Pediatric Residency Program (started July 2018)
- JDCH Census Data
- 2017 (NICU Admissions - 1,096; ADC – 65)
- 2018 YTD as of 8/15 (NICU Admissions – 655; ADC – 74)
- Miramar/West Census Data
- 2017 (NICU Admissions – 468/534; ADC – 9/10)
- 2018 YTD as of 8/15 (NICU Admissions – 300/356; ADC – 9/14)
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package (health, dental, vision, ST/LT disability, 401k match, CME allowance)effective on day one, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage.