Envision Physician Services is seeking a full-time, board certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioner for our Level III NICU practice at Henrico Doctor’s Hospital (HDH) in Richmond, Virginia. In October 2017, the hospital revealed their new pride and joy, a state of the art NICU with 32-single family rooms and 8-bed step-down unit. Our team at HDH consists of long-time partners with a well-trained and stable nursing team. We’re looking to add 4.5 NNP FTEs to our practice in order to balance the workload between nursery and NICU and continue to improve patient satisfaction in the hospital’s brand new NICU space.
Details about the opportunity/NICU are listed below:
- Staffing Model: 6 Neonatologists, 4.5 Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
- 24-hr shifts
- Neonatologist in-house 24/7
- Start with newborn discharges, round on newborns with Neo, facilitate admissions, attend deliveries, manage NICU patients, support development of nurse-driven transport teamParticipate in multi-disciplinary rounds to provide active management of NICU patients including but not limited to vent weaning, nutrition adjustments, lab review, and meeting with families
- HDH 2017 Data:
- Deliveries - 3,832
- NICU Admits – 392; NICU ADC – 22.4
- Newborn Admits: 3,441
- High frequency ventilation (HFOV and HFJV), inhaled nitric oxide, therapeutic hypothermia, pediatric surgery
- No cardiac surgery, except for PDAs; no ECMO
- On-site pediatric cardiology, with additional support from VCU subspecialists
With over 30 years of high-quality Women’s & Children’s services and more than 100 service contracts, Envision Physician Services is a trusted strategic partner for established hospitals and health systems. Combining a national infrastructure with local support, our breadth and depth of clinical and operational resources allow our physicians to spend more time on what matters: delivering high-quality care. We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package effective on day one, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage.
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic, physician-led organization which has been offering exceptional career opportunities since 1972. With more than 14,000 affiliated providers coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally-recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported through innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including:Physician-led organizationStrong leadership on a local, regional and national levelExceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support servicesOptimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options“A” rated professional liability insuranceExtensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coastCompetitive compensation including several benefit optionsOpportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancementComprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programsColleague referral bonus program *Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status