Physician - Geriatric Medicine

Boise, ID 83706

Specialty Geriatric Medicine
Profession Physician

Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) has an excellent Medical Director opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Geriatric or Palliative Medicine physician within the new Enhancing Care Initiative (ECI) located in Boise, Idaho.

SAMG is a physician led and accountable 450+ provider multispecialty group practice offering an excellent opportunity for a Geriatric or Palliative Care Physician to direct SAMG's new Enhancing Care Initiative. The ECI provides interdisciplinary team care to patients with complex chronic medical conditions. The ECI includes Geriatrics and Palliative Care Clinics, as well as an inpatient Palliative Care Consult Service. It is staffed by Geriatric and Palliative Care physicians who work in collaboration with Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Nurses, Social Workers and a Chaplain to provide comprehensive care to patients with serious and/or complex illnesses.

The schedule for this opportunity is full time Monday through Friday. 70% of the providers time will be spent providing clinical services in outpatient Geriatric and Palliative Care clinics as well as within the Inpatient Palliative Care Consult Service. The remaining 30% of time will be spent performing Administrative tasks. Outpatient call responsibilities will be shared equitably between colleagues.

Support for this opportunity includes strong administrative and organizational support for the mission of the ECI as well as a full-service, 368-bed, acute-care hospital, Level II Trauma Center Emergency Department, and a wide range of subspecialists and state-of-the-art diagnostic technologies on campus. Saint Alphonsus also has a network of employed, contracted and alliance primary care and specialty care providers across the region.

The ideal candidate will possess a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree with successful completion of an accredited ACGME/AOA Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Residency Program. They will have achieved board certification through the ABFM, AOBIM or ABIM in Geriatrics or Palliative Care (or will obtain such certification within 3 years of employment) and must be eligible to obtain Idaho medical licensure to practice medicine in all its phases; including valid controlled substance registration with Idaho Boards of Pharmacy and a DEA. Additionally the candidate must have demonstrable experience in leadership as well as a proven track record of clinical program development.

This is an exciting opportunity for the right Geriatric or Palliative Medicine physician to lead a brand new team and be an integral part at Saint Alphonsus Health System.


RECRUITMENT PACKAGE

An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate including:

  • Sign-on Incentives
  • Student Loan Repayment 
  • Relocation
  • PTO & CME Allocation
  • Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
  • Health/Dental/Vision
  • Retirement (403b)