Envision Physician Services is seeking a Board Certified Neonatologist to lead our advanced Level II NICU practice at Summerville Medical Center (SMC) in Summerville, SC. The Medical Director will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the NICU and newborn nursery at Summerville Medical Center and Trident Medical Center (TMC) with particular attention to quality, patient safety, policies and procedures, and patient experience. The role also incorporates working with hospital administration and providing leadership for the multi-disciplinary staff.
Details of the position/facility are listed below:
- Staffing Model: 2 Neonatologists
- Schedule: Week on/off schedule (Off 6-months out of the year)
- In-house during the day Call from home at night
- Round at two facilities which includes 16-bed Level II NICU (1,500g or 32-weeks) and newborn nurseries
- Plans to consolidate Women’s and Children’s Services under one roof in the works with plans to move all L&D services to Summerville Medical Center in 2019
- Combined deliveries: 2,634
- Summerville NICU ADC: 3.7
- Trident NICU ADC: 5.7
- Summerville Medical Center is home to the busiest Pediatric Emergency Room in SC that’s staffed with Peds EM trained physicians Pediatric subspecialty support includes Pediatric Surgery, GI, ENT, Anesthesia, Radiology, with telemedicine coverage for Pediatric Cardiology Active recruitment of Pediatric Neurology to utilize the cooling equipment that the hospital has already invested in for their ongoing goal to get a Level III NICU designation
With over 30 years of high-quality Women’s & Children’s services and more than 100 service contracts, Envision Physician Services is a trusted strategic partner for established hospitals and health systems. Combining a national infrastructure with local support, our breadth and depth of clinical and operational resources allow our physicians to spend more time on what matters: delivering high-quality care. We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package effective on day one, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage.
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic, physician-led organization which has been offering exceptional career opportunities since 1972. With more than 14,000 affiliated providers coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally-recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported through innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.Whether you are considering full-time, part-time or independent contractor opportunities with Envision Physician Services, you can rest assured you will be working for an industry-leader who delivers a vast array of benefits unmatched within the industry, including:Physician-led organizationStrong leadership on a local, regional and national levelExceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support servicesOptimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options“A” rated professional liability insuranceExtensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coastCompetitive compensation including several benefit optionsOpportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancementComprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programsColleague referral bonus program *Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status