St. Peter's Health Partners and St. Peter’s Addiction Recovery Center (SPARC) have an excellent full time employment opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Internal Medicine or Family Medicine physician who is trained in Addiction Medicine to fill the Medical Director role at St. Peter's Hospital located in Albany, New York.
The Medical Director will be responsible for providing medical services to program participants within the Addiction Medicine department and will provide clinical supervision and support to full time and part time providers delivering care in the various SPARC programs. S/he will work in tandem with the Executive Director and Director of Clinical Operations to ensure/promote appropriate service provision. S/he will conduct medical exams, assess and manage withdrawal symptoms and provide histories and physicals. S/he will consult with counselors, attend treatment teams and contribute to development of treatment plans as part of an active multi-disciplinary team. In addition, s/he will provide medical consultation services to medical, nursing, and clinical staff in the hospital and community based settings as indicated.
The essential functions of this position include:
- As Medical Director of Addiction Medicine, this individual will participate in the development and implementation of the vision, mission and strategic clinical priorities of Addiction Medicine for St. Peter's Addiction Recovery Center system.
- Position the SPARC clinical service line as a leader in addiction medicine services by building a robust care continuum focused on improving the health of the population, developing program excellence, and actively participating in management of the patient safety and quality improvement program
- Provide clinical supervision, support to full-time, part-time, and contract providers.
- Develop, direct, and evaluate SPARC addiction medicine clinical performance and ensure it meets short and long-term objectives, regulatory and quality goals for patients and the communities served.
- Oversee patient care services along with program operations managers.
- Partner in leading the effective execution of a patient-centered clinical strategy with SPARC business units and clinical service lines, with particular attention to an integrated program in primary care.
- Assist in the recruitment and development of Addiction Medicine Physicians and Psychiatrists.
- Available as a back-up to the on-call physician or nursing leader for complicated situations involving patients within the addiction medicine programs
The Medical Director of SPARC will be an Internal Medicine of Family Medicine trained Physician who is licensed or eligible to practice medicine in the state of New York with an active DEA, controlled substance and Suboxone licenses. The must have specific training and/or experience in the field of substance abuse, as well as possess Board Certification in Addiction Medicine. The selected candidate must also have three to five years of extensive experience managing withdrawal symptoms and the provision of medication assisted treatment.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the medical team within SPARC, a national leader in addiction education and training.
St. Peter’s Health Partners offers a comprehensive salary and compensation package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits; including health/vision/dental insurances
- Paid malpractice, including post-SPHP employment tail coverage
- CME time & expense allowance
- Paid time away from the practice
- 2 part retirement savings program with employer matching program