Piedmont Healthcare and Piedmont Heart Institute (PHI), located in the heart of Atlanta, is recruiting for Critical Care Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners. This is a great opportunity to be employed by one of the nation’s leading cardiology programs. You will work alongside some of the most respected and highly-trained physicians in the region.
PHI’s critical care extenders provide 24-hour, on-site coverage to some of the highest acuity patients in the nation while delivering exemplary care.
Key Responsibilities of Physician Assistants/Nurse Practitioners on the Cardiac Critical Care Service include:
- Provides direct clinical services for critically ill adult patients within institutional guidelines and utilizing evidence-based clinical practice standards under the supervision of the patient’s physician.
- Formulates and implements a treatment plan for acute illness management in collaboration with the designated primary supervising physician and/or attending back-up physician(s)
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests
- Performs approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patient’s clinical status
- Within the credentialing standards of the Hospital, inserts and manages arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, temporary pacemakers, and intra-aortic balloon pump catheters.
- Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation and administration of life supporting drugs according to established protocols. Assists with ECPR and ECMO cannulations.
- Assesses patients for changes in status and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency interventions to stabilize patient.
- Incorporates clinical research findings in the development and implementation of standards of care.
- Supports IRB approved clinical research/trials though a variety of activities
- Serves as a clinical expert and education consultant to nursing, members of the healthcare team and to the larger community.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Well-designed training program offered
- Relocation assistance offered
- Generous CME allowance