At Geisinger, we've been focused on leading healthcare change for more than a century. Today we continue with our Fresh Food Farmacy, offering life-saving alternatives to patients with diabetes. And our Springboard Healthy Scranton initiative strives to eliminate hunger and preventable chronic disease. What you do at Geisinger shapes the future and improves lives - for our patients, communities and you.
Geisinger Community Medicine consists of 43 community practice sites throughout central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania. We are currently seeking board certified/board eligible primary care physicians to join our outpatient primary care clinics.
We give our physicians innovative tools and support to do what they do best - provide exceptional care:
- MyCode Community Health Initiative, our ground-breaking genomics program, to ensure patients get the best diagnosis possible.
- Extended 40-minute appointments for patients over 65, giving our physicians quality time to care for seniors.
- Our Proven Portfolio initiatives:
- ProvenCare - identifies and consistently provides the best treatment for a specific condition to deliver better care at lower cost. It includes fixed payments and a 90-day warranty; if a patient needs more treatment, Geisinger covers the cost.
- ProvenNavigator - built on an evidenced-based approach with team-based, coordinated care. It emphasizes preventatives services and helps patients adopt health behaviors to minimize needs for surgery or disease management.
- ProvenExperience - guarantees that if a patient's care doesn't meet their standards, Geisinger gives their full requested refund, no questions asked. With over $1 million refunded so far, our commitment to caring runs deep.
- Competitive compensation
- Loan repayment: Up to $150,000
- Geography stipends: Up to $20,000 guaranteed for the first two years of employment, at specified clinics
- Residency stipend: $1,000/month (available up to last 18 months of residency)
- Visa sponsorship available: H1b
- Benefits: Comprehensive medical/retirement benefits effective the first day of employment
- Medical malpractice: Claims made with tail coverage
- Relocation: No dollar limit to move normal household goods, paid house hunting trip, temporary storage and more!
- CME: $3,500 and 15 days annually
David T. Feinberg, MD, president and chief executive officer of Geisinger, said it best:
“Practicing at Geisinger is a tremendous opportunity to further your career at an organization that is having an impact on healthcare throughout the United States. America definitely pays attention to what we are doing here, and we welcome the opportunity to set an example as we provide innovative and compassionate care and better serve our patients.”
What we do at Geisinger shapes the future and improves lives. The future of health is in you.