Geisinger, a national leader in healthcare innovation and technology, is seeking BC/BE Family Medicine trained physicians for primary care opportunities in beautiful Millville and Catawissa, Pa.
At Geisinger, shaping the future of healthcare starts with a robust support system, from implementing ground-breaking programs to utilizing advanced technology, these are just some of the ways we go above and beyond to lead healthcare change. We are proud to give our primary care physicians the innovative tools and support they need to do what they do best - provide exceptional care:
Innovative model of care
- Forty-minute appointments - Patients age 65 and older, receive extended forty-minute appointments, giving our physicians quality time to care for seniors. Twenty-minute appointments are available for patients under 65 and acute care visits.
- Expanded care team - In addition to Geisingers primary care physicians and advanced practitioners, our care team includes shared clerical staff, nurses, medication therapy management pharmacists and pharmacy management, RN case managers, health managers, social workers, clinic health associates, primary care nurse coordinators, behavioral health specialists (onsite and via tele-health) and coding educators.
- Capped patient panel size - The risk-adjusted patient panel size for physicians is capped at 2,100 patients and advanced practitioners at 1,800.
We take pride in the professional and developmental support we provide:
- Base salary model - Competitive base salary model which compensates providers based on years of experience and not RVU productivity.
- Benefits - Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, liability, retirement and relocation.
- Recruitment incentives - Medical school loan repayment and residency stipends as well as geography stipends (available at specified clinics) for primary care physicians.
- Continuing medical education - 15 working days and $3,500 annually.
- Teaching opportunities - Available at one of Geisingers four primary care residency programs including: Family medicine, internal medicine and internal medicine/pediatrics. Additional teaching opportunities are available via advanced practice preceptorship, medical student teaching and faculty appointment with the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
For more information, please: https://www.geisingerjobs.org/community-medicine