Decatur, Alabama is located on the Tennessee River and boasts a rich heritage and a dynamic future. Here youll find economic prosperity, cultural diversity, and community spirit combined to make Decatur a Grand City on a Charming Scale.
Guaranteed base salary for two years while progressing to partnership | Practice has been in same location for 30 years and is the oldest gastroenterology practice in the area | Responsibilities include one hospital and one surgery center - both within walking distance from practice | Practice offers benefits and many other perks.
- Only one weekend call per month.
- Full hospitalist support; all admissions done by hospitalist.
- Only consults required in hospital.
- Alabama has one of the lowest malpractice insurance rates in the nation.
- ERCP not required, but would be a positive.
- No EUS. Procedure is performed within the system at the Huntsville Hospital campus.
- No pediatrics.
- Complete flexibility to design your own schedule.
- Established local specialties for support with system support for subspecialty needs.
- Supportive, collegial atmosphere.
- Electronic Medical Records fully implemented.
- Experienced clinical and support staff assigned to each provider.
- Flexible scheduling for providers.
- Practice offers long-term growth potential.
- Ability to come in and be busy right away.
Community and Area Highlights
- Located on the banks of The Tennessee River.
- Less than 80 miles from Birmingham and Nashville and approximately 30 miles from Huntsville.
- Within hours to a variety of vacation destinations, including beaches, lakes, mountains, and amusement parks.
- Easy access to an international airport.
- Live and work in a safe, friendly community that offers excellent educational opportunities and an abundance of recreational activities that your entire family can enjoy.
- Low cost of living, affordable housing available in the community including suburban neighborhoods, historic downtown neighborhoods, and riverfront.
- Strong industrial and manufacturing base gives residents stable employment opportunities and ensures a population with reliable health insurance for a consistent patient payer mix.