Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Berkeley Medical Center (formerly City Hospital) located in Martinsburg, WV is a 260-bed facility that is part of the WVU Medicines University Healthcare. They, along with two member facilities, are providing a unified healthcare delivery system thats committed to improving the health status of its community by providing high-quality health and wellness services, expanding access to care, and participating in the education of healthcare professionals.
- Established team of 17 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Open ICU with pulmonary/critical care support; Hospitalists admit to ICU and are primary attending
- No procedures required
- Occasional code requirement
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off; 7 am – 7 pm
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in WV. Minimum of 1 year of recent acute care experience required
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Martinsburg is known as the Gateway to the Shenandoah Valley offering breathtaking views of West Virginias beautiful mountains and unlimited opportunities for outdoor recreational activities including hiking, camping, fishing, and water sports. Martinsburg is a growing community with a low cost of living that offers the serenity of a small town coupled with its close proximity to the large metropolitan cities of Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, MD.