The Nurse Practitioner responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Initiates and completes a detailed patient assessment
* Initiates the order of laboratory tests, radiological examinations and other routine diagnostic procedures
* Diagnoses the actual or potential health problem or need, based upon an analysis of the data collected, and plans therapeutic intervention
* Orders and initiates appropriate medication, treatment, and consultation based upon an analysis of the data collected
* Orders or performs routine procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing (not involving tendons, arteries or nerves) wound care, venous and arterial blood draws, and managing simple conditions produced by infection, trauma or other disease processes
* Educates the patient regarding prescribed treatment and medication(s)
The Nurse Practitioner reports to the supervising physician and Operations Manager Practice Management
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information. "Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.