Pursue your purpose! Our Growth is your OPPORTUNITY to be a part of the Anne Arundel Medical Center OBGYN Hospitalist group; which includes being one of our faculty in our newly formed residency program.
**Exceptional benefits & flexible shifts to promote well being and active lifestyles!
- Comprehensive benefits package:
- 403B with match, plus 457(b)
- Income Guarantee plus quality incentives
- Yearly CME and travel allowances
- Qualify for Federal Loan Forgiveness Program
- Competitive Salary
This service will provide obstetrical and gynecological care 24 hours per day, 7 days per week primarily on Labor and Delivery/Mother Baby and Women's Surgical Unit and will include, but not limited to, Emergency Room admissions and consults, inpatient obstetrical and gynecological care, consultation on GYN surgical patients. The employee will also need to participate in programs and initiatives that improve the overall service provided by the OB/GYN Hospitalist Program. The employee will participate in prenatal care at the Anne Arundel County Health Department with the assistance of Certified Nurse Midwives.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides obstetrical and gynecological care within the inpatient and outpatient setting to include (but not limited to) history and physical exams, consultative services, daily rounding services, discharge planning, non-stress tests, labor checks, surgical assisting, delivery of newborns, initiation of inductions.
- Provides medical and surgical care that is of high quality as judged by medical peers. Generates on-time starts (inductions/C -sections), lengths of stays and hospital charges that are, on average, at or below that of non-hospitalist OB/GYN peers.
- Provide in-house coverage for emergent laboring patients as required for AAMCs Level IIIB NICU. Acts as first assistant on C-sections and GYN surgeries. Rounds on in-house OB and GYN patients.
- Performs circumcisions on own patient population and as requested by obstetricians.
- Provides care to any OB unregistered patients that enter through our Emergency Department. Provides care to any GYN unregistered patients that enter through our Emergency Department. Provides medical care in triage until the private attending can assume responsibility of the patient.
- Provides consistent, on-going monitoring of all patients having an induction.
- Arundel Medical Center to correctly bill third party payers and other consumers of health care at the hospital.
- Provides reliable, accurate, timely and complete medical record documentation.
- Participates in departmental meetings: MCH, OB/GYN Service, Perinatal Referral Center and Antepartum Rounds.
- Provides collaborative practice agreement to midwifery practice.
- The employee must fulfill requirements for medical staff membership at Anne Arundel Medical Center.
- The employee will be licensed to practice medicine in the State of Maryland and will be Board Certified/Board Eligible in obstetrics and gynecology.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.