Medical Oncologist and Hematologist(Oncology and Hematology)
St. George, UT - Southwest Regional Cancer Center
Intermountain Healthcare is an integrated, not-for-profit health system with hospitals and clinics throughout Utah, as well as a hospital in Burley, Idaho. Based in Salt Lake City, Intermountain boasts a medical group, affiliate networks, homecare, telehealth, health insurance plans, and other services, along with wholly owned subsidiaries includingSelectHealth,Saltzer Health, andIntermountain Healthcare in Nevada. Intermountain is viewed as a leader in transforming healthcare through high quality and sustainable costs. According to Beckers ASC Review, Utah is in the top 5 best places for physicians to work. (May 24, 2021 Print | Email).
Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible
- BC/BE oncologist is needed to join our expanding group in the spectacular red rock desert city of St. George
- Physician will be part of Intermountain Healthcares integrated oncology program
- Wonderful community, college setting, blue skies, mild winters, surrounded by national parks and monuments
- Inpatient oncology services are managed by our team on a call rotation
- Full-service infusion lab on site
- Therapeutic radiology on site
- Intermountain Precision Genomics, Precision Health Initiatives, the DNA-sequencing lab, and all the local cancer services are housed in the new Intermountain Cancer Center (opened 2018) on the Dixie Regional Medical Center River Road Campus
- Cancer Center is certified by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Medicare accredited hospice
- Employment is with the Intermountain Medical Group
- Board Certified/ Board Eligible in oncology
- Unrestricted Utah MD or DO license or the ability to obtain an unrestricted license
- U.S. ACGME Residency
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers
- Competitive salary with transition to production and additional compensation for meeting quality goals
- Signing bonus, student loan repayment, and stipend available
- Full Intermountain benefits package including CME, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave and more
- Relocation assistance provided, up to 20K
- A 501c3 company
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
St. George is located within sculpted red rock desert valleys that are nestled below pine covered mountain peaks. The area is surrounded by multiple national parks and is a top destination with its year-round warm weather and favorable climate, golf courses, outdoor recreation opportunities and collegiate town environment.
St. George is in the top ten fastest growing cities in the United States with a population of 171,000 according to BusinessInsider.com. To accommodate the rapid growth, St. George Regional Medical Center is a level II trauma center, recently expanding to 336 inpatient beds, has more than 320 physicians on staff, serves southern Utah, northern Arizona, and Nevada.