MUSC Health - Florence Medical Center is seeking a board certified or board eligible Endocrinologist to join a collaborative team in one of the fastest growing regions in South Carolina.
Originally founded at the intersection of three railways, Florence, South Carolina, has transformed from a small, quiet rail town to a bustling center of industry, healthcare, education, culture, retail, and recreation. In Florence, youll find ample shopping opportunities, fine dining, entertainment, live music events, year-round outdoor recreation, and fantastic schools.
Both the Charlotte International Airport (CLT) and Charleston International Airport (CHS) are just two hours from Florence by car.
South Carolina was the 3rd fastest growing state in 2022, according to U.S. Census data. Newcomers are drawn to the Palmetto State for its year-round mild climate, affordable cost of living, low taxes, thriving economy, and welcoming southern hospitality. South Carolina boasts diverse geography, including mountains, forests, lakes and beaches, all within a few hours driving distance.
About our opportunity:
- Candidates must be BC/BE in Endocrinology
- Physician must be able to give certain medications in office, such as Prolia
- Physician should be able to provide in-office patient education on InPen
- Mainly outpatient
- Call schedule will be every other week by phone for clinic patients
- Team made up of one Endocrinologist, an APP, a Phlebotomist, an RN and an LPN
- Dietitian in office to help with diabetes mellitus education, nutrition, weight management and carbohydrate counting
- Office is in close proximity to retail pharmacy and ED
- Diverse population, with varied and complex endocrinopathy
- Internal support and multidisciplinary team care
- In-office A1C Meter, and Diagnostic Lab on site
We will provide:
- Employer-funded retirement plan
- Paid malpractice coverage
- CME allowance + time off
- Epic EMR platform
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligibility
- Opportunity for relocation assistance
- Competitive compensation
- Generous PTO
- Opportunity for affiliate faculty appointment, if desired
- Personalized student loan debt review and repayment optimization service
MUSC Health Florence Medical Center is a regional acute care facility comprised of 396 beds, more than 1,500 employees and nearly 250 physicians representing all major specialties dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of the citizens of Northeastern South Carolina. We offer acute care, diagnostic services, womens health, orthopedic services, cancer care, cardiac services, general and laparoscopic surgery, rehabilitation, emergency/trauma care, community health services and more.
MUSC Health, the clinical enterprise of the Medical University of South Carolina, sees more than one million patient encounters annually, and its specialized care teams consistently rank among the best in the country. This integrated health care system is accessible via its downtown Charleston campus, nine regional medical centers, more than 100 outreach locations, clinical affiliations with numerous health care partners, and a robust telehealth network. MUSC Health delivers transformational care shaped by world-class clinicians, health scientists, and educators who provide leading-edge care while developing the next generation of innovative health care leaders.
At MUSC Health, we empower our providers to transform expertise, learning and discovery into unrivaled patient-centered care, and to demonstrate our values of compassion, teamwork, diversity, accountability and innovation in everything we do.