Northwest Medical Center in Tucson, AZ is seeking a BC Family Medicine Residency Director to lead in the development and implementation of a new Family Medicine Residency Program. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to have input on building a program from the ground up.
- Must be Board-Certified in Family Medicine
- Have previous leadership/administrative experience
- Be willing to combine administrative and teaching responsibilities
- Have strong administrative and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have at least 5 years of clinical experience
- Must have at least 2 years of Core Faculty experience in graduate medical education prior to appointment
- Candidates with recent scholarly activity, such as publication in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings and/or participation in national committees or education organizations are highly encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time employed position with the Northwest Medical Center with a comprehensive recruitment package including:
- A competitive Wage Structure
- Annual CME Allowance
- Potential Relocation, Commencement Bonus, Debt Repayment Assistance
- This position will begin in 2021; residency program to begin between 2022-2023
Northwest Healthcare Graduate Medical Education Consortium (NHCGME) is comprised of Northwest Medical Center and Oro Valley Hospital and local community members. The NHCGME Consortium is fully committed to provide the organizational, financial, academic, clinical, and scholarly resources to support high-quality graduate medical education programs.
Northwest Medical Center (NMC) is a 300-bed facility in Tucson, offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient services including cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics, minimally invasive surgery, neurology and neurosurgery, GI, a free-standing Women's Center, and Wound Care Center. NMC is part of Community Health Systems (CHS) and is supported in its operations by a network of 84 hospital in 16 states.
Work. Live. Play.
Life in Tucson Offers:
- Highly coveted metro area – 1 million population
- 325 days of sunshine, perfect for hiking, biking, swimming, rock climbing, running, and golf
- Mix of highly rated private and public schools including the University of Arizona
- Beautiful night skies as Tucson is the "Astronomy Capital of the World"
- Surrounded by mountains and the beautiful Sonoran desert
- Growing biotech industry bringing highly educated employees to the community
- Easy access to Phoenix, Sedona, Scottsdale and San Diego for weekend getaways!
- Rich in history, cultural events, sports, and year-round activities
- Tucson is UNESCO's first City of Gastronomy in the United States. A foodie paradise!
US News & World Report voted NMC Best hospital in Tucson metro area, Best Regional Hospital, and the 4th Best Hospital in Arizona.