Certified Nurse Midwife - San Luis Obispo, CA
Private Ob/GYN Practice in San Luis Obispo, CA is seeking a Nurse Midwife to join its growing practice. This is a wonderful opportunity for a CNM looking to join a stable group and work/live on the beautiful Central Coast of CA!
- The nurse-midwife, under the general supervision of a licensed physician and surgeon, will independently manage womens healthcare, focusing particularly on pregnancy, childbirth, the postpartum period, care of the newborn, and the family planning and gynecological needs of women. Obtain consultation, collaborative management or referral as indicated by the health status of the client.
- Fulltime, permanent position
- Flexible working hours available
- Group currently consists or 1 physician, 3 midwives and 1 NP
- Seasoned support staff
- Active license to practice as a RN in the State of California
- Successful completion of a Master's level Nurse Midwifery program that is recognized and certified through the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM).
- BCLS and Neonatal Resuscitation Certification
- Ability to speak on a one-to-one basis to persons of various social, cultural, economic or educational backgrounds, using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain policies and procedures, provide information or resolve conflicts. Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes in workload, changes in assignments, pressures of deadlines, competitive requirements and/or a heavy workload. Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal supervision. Skill in working with frequent interruptions and distractions, under conditions of fluctuating workload.
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive benefits package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, life, retirement
- Large referral network in place
- A positive work-life balance located in California's beautiful Central Coast
- San Luis Obispo, CA is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the U.S.
- Schools ranked in the top 10th percentile for state API test scoring
- Major 4-year University (Cal Poly San Luis Obispo)
- Close proximity to beautiful beaches including Pismo Beach, Avila Beach, Shell Beach
- Airport in town
- Outdoor activities from biking, hiking, surfing, wind surfing
- Over 200 Wineries in all directions
- Easy access to Los Angeles and San Francisco
- Mediterranean climate throughout the year