Memorial Hospital of Texas County Authority is currently seeking an Internal Medicine Physician to join our team in Guymon, OK.
- Provide long-term, comprehensive care to our patients and manage both common and complex diseases.
- Should be able to effectively diagnose patients and suggest a successful course of treatment. Services include: Preventative care, immunizations, primary care and treatment, health education, Prescribing of medications, ordering and interpreting lab testing, physical examinations, STD screenings, Vision/hearing, family planning, nutrition.
- Patient Volume- 24 patients per 8hr shift
- Maybe asked to supervise PA and NP.
- May be asked to provide training to resident physicians or physician extender students. Prescribing or administering medication, therapy, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Diagnosing, explaining, and prescribing treatments for disorders and diseases with patients.
- Conducting routine check-ups on patients.
- Recording medical histories.
- Educating patients about disease prevention and detection, and health.
- Collaborating with other medical and non-medical personnel.
- Keeping up to date with current practices and innovations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: Completion of medical school and residency in Internal Medicine or related field.
- Experience: minimum of a year of MD/DO experience.
- Computer Skills: This position requires intermediate level computer skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual
should have knowledge of spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Certificates & Licenses: Current Oklahoma Medical license. Certification in BLS, ACLS and PALS. Board certified or
Board eligible within three year of residency training.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and leadership skills coupled with well-developed, broad based
expertise in patient services.
- Administrative knowledge and skills in the areas of human resources management, financial
management, strategic and business planning, marketing and public relations, problem solving, decision making.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable laws and acute care regulatory requirements.
- Experience with skilled nursing care
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures,
or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.