Reading Hospital, located in West Reading, PA is seeking a part-time Board Eligible/Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physician to join the busiest Emergency Department in Pennsylvania and a very collaborative team of 50+ providers to serve a population of more than 400,000 with comprehensive services and technology. The new physician will be joining an excellent support team of experienced Advanced Practitioners as well as Emergency Medicine Residents.
Reading Hospital is a 714-bed hospital, the flagship, Magnet Recognized, acute care hospital of Tower Health located in West Reading, Pennsylvania. Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers, including Reading HealthPlex, McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, Emergency Department, Level I Trauma Center and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). With more than 1,000 physicians and providers across 49 locations, Reading Hospital has been recognized for its quality outcomes and clinical expertise across services lines. It is listed as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for five consecutive years, America's 50 Best Hospitals for 2022 and received a 5-Star Rating from CMS two years in a row. For more information, visit towerhealth.org.
Tower Health & Drexel University College of Medicine have partnered to open a brand new medical school 1/2 miles from the Reading Hospital campus. The medical school opened in July 2021; when fully operational, the medical school will enroll 200 medical students.
Reading Hospital Awards and Recognition:
- America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2022)
- America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2021)
- America's 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care™ (2013-2021)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Neurosciences (2015-2021)
- Top 10% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke (2007-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke (2006-2021)
- One of 10 Best Value Hospitals in Pennsylvania
- Top 2 percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes
The Emergency Department:
- Reading Hospital ED is Pennsylvania's busiest ED with more than 137,000 patients annually, including 30,000 children.
- Very experienced staff with 50+ providers including very experienced Advanced Practitioners
- The Emergency Department contains 120 beds
- New self-contained Pediatric Emergency unit with 16 beds
- Level I Trauma Center
- Level III NICU
- Emergency Medicine Residency Program
- Abundant teaching, quality improvement, and research opportunities
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plans with employer automatic contribution and match
- Claims-made malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Up to $100K in Educational Loan Assistance
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- CME time and money
- Relocation assistance
- H1B visas and green card sponsorship (we cannot currently support J1 visa waivers)
- Spousal / domestic partner job search support
Living in Berks County - From Reading Fellows (Video)
Berks County Living Website
Reading Hospital is located in West Reading, part of Berks County, Pennsylvania. This is an area that offers many wonderful places to live and raise a family. Berks County is 1 hour northwest of Philadelphia and within driving distance of other major metropolitan areas like Baltimore and New York City, offering an easy chance to get away for some big city excitement.
- MD or DO
- Licensed to practice medicine in Pennsylvania
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Emergency Medicine