Pathology Anatomic and Clinical
Job Summary:Pathology Residency Program Director Opportunity in South FloridaJob Summary:
This position requires the individual to organize and run a high-quality department and program of Graduate Medical Education. The Program Director must direct and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating the residents in each of the ACGME competency areas.
The program director must:
1. oversee and ensure the quality of didactic and clinical education in all sites that participate in the program;
2. approve a local director at each participating site who is accountable for resident education;
3. approve the selection of program faculty as appropriate;
4. evaluate program faculty;
5. approve the continued participation of program faculty based on evaluation;
6. monitor resident supervision at all participating sites;
7. prepare and submit all information required and requested by the ACGME. This includes but is not limited to the program application forms and annual program updates to the ADS, and ensure that the information submitted is accurate and complete;
8. ensure compliance with grievance and due process procedures as set forth in the Institutional Requirements and implemented by the sponsoring institution;
9. provide verification of residency education for all residents, including those who leave the program prior to completion;
10. implement policies and procedures consistent with the institutional and program requirements for resident duty hours and the working environment, including moonlighting, and, to that end, must:
a. distribute these policies and procedures to the residents and faculty;
b. monitor resident duty hours, according to sponsoring institutional policies, with a frequency sufficient to ensure compliance with ACGME requirements;
c. adjust schedules as necessary to mitigate excessive service demands and/or fatigue; and,
d. if applicable, monitor the demands of at-home call and adjust schedules as necessary to mitigate excessive service demands and/or fatigue.
e. monitor the need for and ensure the provision of back up support systems when patient care responsibilities are unusually difficult or prolonged;
11. comply with the sponsoring institution's written policies and procedures, including those specified in the Institutional Requirements, for selection, evaluation and promotion of residents, disciplinary action, and supervision of residents;
12. be familiar with and comply with ACGME and Review Committee policies and procedures as outlined in the ACGME Manual of Policies and Procedures;
13. obtain review and approval of the sponsoring institution's GMEC/D1O before submitting information or requests to the ACGME
Full job description available upon request
HCA East Florida and Forward Pathology Solutions (FPS), a wholly owned subsidiary of HCA, are recruiting for a Pathology Residency Program Director for HCA Florida Westside Hospital and HCA Florida Northwest Hospital. The hospitals are located in Broward county, suburbs of Fort Lauderdale, FL. All FPS pathologists have access to the sub-specialty expertise of over 100 pathologists in its network.
• AP/CP Board Certification required
• 2 years hospital-based Program Director Experience preferred
• Sub-specialty training preferred
• Should meet the requirements for Maintenance of Certification
• Florida licensed or FCVS in place preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent compensation package including annual incentive bonus
• Excellent benefits package including CME allowance, health and 401k
• Relocation assistance provided
• Malpractice insurance provided
About Forward Pathology Solutions (FPS):
• Forward Pathology Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of HCA, providing professional pathology services to its network of 14 hospitals in South East Florida as well as commercial outreach clients
About HCA Florida Westside Hospital:
• HCA Florida Westside Hospital in Plantation, is a 296 bed facility that offers a case load of General, Orthopedic, Cardiac, Thoracic, Vascular, GYN, ENT, Urology, Spine and Intracranial Neurosurgery. In addition, there are active programs of anesthesia delivery outside the OR, including the cardiac cath lab, electrophysiology lab, MRI and interventional suite with neuro and interventional vascular procedures.
About Plantation, Florida:
• The city of Plantation is geographically centered in Broward County, just west of Fort Lauderdale between Miami and West Palm Beach. Plantation’s close proximity to the city and coast provides easy access to many area attractions from golf courses and beautiful beaches, to museums and nature centers, as well as great dining and shopping options. South Florida is home to a variety of major league pro sports teams including the NBA’s Heat, NFL’s Dolphins and MLB’s Marlins. Plantation has a natural environment that is unsurpassed by other South Florida cities. Situated among thousands of trees are safe, family- friendly neighborhoods with great schools, world-class recreation facilities and a stable business community.