Were seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Palliative Care Physician for an exciting opportunity at Ochsner Hospital for Children in New Orleans, Louisiana. The successful candidate will join an established pediatric palliative care program within Ochsner Healths regional health system, the largest not-for-profit academic health system in the Gulf South.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide inpatient and outpatient palliative care services for children.
- Partner with medical, surgical, and mental health colleagues to serve children in multidisciplinary programs, including solid organ and stem cell transplantation, oncology, and cardiovascular diseases.
Teaching and Research
- Teach medical students, residents, and allied health students.
- Clinical research opportunities abound for qualified candidates.
- Academic appointment commensurate with experience.
The Department of Pediatrics and our pediatric subspecialists (collectively, Ochsner for Children) represent over 110 physicians. The group is the regions leading integrated provider of multispecialty care for infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. We offer a full range of pediatric services including bone marrow transplantation, solid organ transplantation, and pediatric cardiovascular surgery. We utilize a 54-bed Level III-C Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, a 14-bed PICU, a 35-bed pediatric unit, as well as a dedicated, full-time, region-wide in-house pediatric transport team.